Effective on 1st October 2017
The terms “we”, “us”, and “LinkTIME” refer to Linktime.com and the terms “you” and “your” refer to you, as a user of Linktime.com. The term “personal information” means information that you provide to us which personally identifies you to be contacted or identified, such as you name, phone number, email address, postal address, identity card number and any other data that is tied to such information.
Information We Collect and How We Use it
We collect several types of information from you and about you depends on how you use LinkTIME, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, mobile number, e-mail address, postal address, identity card number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites and Apps and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From the hardware communication interfaces, for example, smart card reader.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
1. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Sites and Apps may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites and Apps. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites or Apps or (visitation). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Sites or Apps.
- Information that you provide via our hardware communication interfaces.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Sites or Apps.
2. Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites or Apps, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites and Apps, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites and Apps.
- Information about your mobile phone, computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and Apps and to deliver a better and more personalised service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customise our Sites and Apps according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our Sites and Apps.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to use, including any personal information:
- To present our Sites and Apps and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes at our Sites and Apps or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites and Apps.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Transfer of Information
We may share your personal information with third parties to provide you with services that we offer through LinkTIME, conduct quality assurance testing, facilitate creation of accounts, provide technical and customer support, or provide specific services, such as using your personal details for facilities booking and visitor management system. These third parties are required not to use your personal information other than to provide the services requested by you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to
- take action regarding suspected illegal activities;
- comply with legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statue, or court order; or
- protect our rights, reputation, and property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
Please note that we are not required to question or contest the validity of any search warrant, subpoena or other similar governmental request that we receive.
We may disclose information in the aggregate to third parties relating to user behaviour in connection with actual or prospective business relationship with those third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertising banners.
You may choose to provide us with another person’s email address or phone number so that person may be invited to your place as a guest or be invited to create an account on this Sites and Apps and become your friend. We use this information to contact and, if necessary, remind that person about the invitation. By providing us with another person’s email address and phone number, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the person concerned as regards such disclosure to us of their personal information. All invitees are provided with the option not to receive further invitations. We may disclose such information if required to do so in order to comply with legal process, as described above.
LinkTIME may contain links to third party websites to which we have no affiliation. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with those third parties, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you to read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
Controlling Your Personal Data
To the extent you include personal information in your submissions (such as a photo of yourself), third parties may be able to identify you, and associate you with your user account, and contact you. Third parties can also associate you with your user account using the member search function on LinkTIME, but only if the third party already knows your phone number. Please do not include information in your submissions that you expect to keep private.
As a registered LinkTIME user, you can modify some of your personal information and your privacy preferences by accessing the “Settings” section or “Options” section of this Sites and Apps. For example, you may disable the “Allow others to add” features in the “Options” page from “Intercom” section in which others who have your phone number or from the same community can add you as friend. Besides, you can also include suspicious users in your blocked list.
You hereby acknowledge that LinkTIME is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
Reasons for Permissions Needed on LinkTIME Mobile Applications
- Reading your phonebook is required if you need to invite guests and share an event with your friends (explicit permission will be sought before this).
- SMS permissions are required if you need to invite guests and share an event with your friends (again, explicit permission will be sought before this).
- WeChat and WhatsApp permissions are required if you need to invite guests and share an event with your friends (again, explicit permission will be sought before this).
- Navigation mobile applications like Google Map and Waze permissions are required if you need to use the navigation information provided on the Sites and Apps to navigate you to the store locations (again, explicit permission will be sought before this).
Our Policy Regarding Children
Our Service is accessible to any person above the age of 18 and with parents’ permission for children below the age of 18. We require children who are under the age of 18 to consult with their parents before providing Personal Information. We also encourage parents to supervise their children’s online activities by, for example, adopting parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, Identity Card number, and other Personal Information without parental permission. We encourage parents to talk to their children about the use of the Internet and information they disclose to websites.
Contacting the Sites and Access to your Personal Information
Upon written request, subject to certain expectations, LinkTIME will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information. When requesting access to your personal information, we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information to cover our costs; however, we will advise you of any fee in advance, which will be no more than any maximum fee prescribed by law.